www.flickr.com

nothing because it has to be connected to my computer to work, grrr


prawn cocktail crisps

pilchards on toast (you can get pilchards there but they just don't taste the same)

decent tv

jaffa cakes

Greggs pasties

proper beer (as in Black Sheep, or Timothy Taylor's Landlord, or Cwrw Haf, the list goes on...)

My Photo
Name:
Location: Cairns, Queensland, Australia

Married in the tropics, enjoying life with my husband, my clarinet and wondering that eternal mystery - where do all my fish go?

adopt your own virtual pet!

Powered by Blogger

Friday, June 17, 2005

Avoidance Tactics

I recently received Big Sister's blog address and spent an interesting couple of hours alternately giggling and crying, much to the horror of the Typical Aussie Boyfriend sitting next to me who was trying to concentrate on blowing things up in Grand Theft Auto. This got me thinking (a rare occurance). Why don't I write my own blog? I'm travelling the world and gosh darn it I should have at least a few interesting things to say. Possibly.

The first thing that occured to me was the lengths that people go to to avoid doing something, not even something particularly difficult, or really time consuming. I am, at present, a classic case in point. I should be job hunting. I should have been job hunting for the past few days. Have I? No. In fact, I have only left the house in order to go and get food (a necessity given that Typical Aussie Boyfriend has NO food in the house, ever) and alcohol, of course. Once, I ventured into town, braving the tram ticket inspectors that appear like a particularly stubborn spot when you're least expecting it and right when you REALLY don't want one and managed to get 1 thing done, yay for me!

The rest of the week has been spent sitting, as I am at present, on the sofa in TAB's flat, surfing the net on his Mac. Yesterday, I managed to spend 5 hours in conversation with a friend on messenger. Quite obviously he is avoiding something too.

Finding avoidance tactics used to be so much harder before the internet, washing up, laundry, all things that despite having sat in piles in the sink/on the floor for the past week, are now vitally important to get done before you venture out of the house. After cleaning the flat for the nth time options are running low. The net however has changed all that! Hours can be whiled away searching for rigs to buy (a current favourite) or, my brand new tactic, writing blogs...

Anyway, I really should go out and job hunt, right after I do that washing up...
|