www.flickr.com

nothing because it has to be connected to my computer to work, grrr


prawn cocktail crisps

pilchards on toast (you can get pilchards there but they just don't taste the same)

decent tv

jaffa cakes

Greggs pasties

proper beer (as in Black Sheep, or Timothy Taylor's Landlord, or Cwrw Haf, the list goes on...)

My Photo
Name:
Location: Cairns, Queensland, Australia

Married in the tropics, enjoying life with my husband, my clarinet and wondering that eternal mystery - where do all my fish go?

adopt your own virtual pet!

Powered by Blogger

Saturday, September 20, 2008

Travelling (part 2)

This evening actually appears to be going quite well for me! not only did I manage to earn the undying hatred of quite a lot of people who had been queuing to book in since before the counters had opened by strolling to the service desk (no queue) and getting my boarding card (well, my third one actually, since the first had my seat at standby and I hadn't liked where they'd sat me when they did allocate me a seat, hence the visit to the service desk) but I also got a window seat all the way to the UK so yay for me!

I have, since then, had a rather nice meal at the PJ O'Briens in the check in desk area (making sure that I was nowhere near my flight time) and a couple of nice glasses of wine to help wash the delicious beef and guiness pie down.

I was, therefore, in just the right mood to appreciate the fact that, after having gone through passport control and customs and finding a screen that would tell me where I have to be in just over an hour, the instruction on it was not 'final call', oh no, not even 'boarding' or 'preparing to board'. Nope, this very friendly screen is instructing me to 'relax' and, you know what, that sounds like a very good idea.

UK here I come. Suitably relaxed
|