www.flickr.com

nothing because it has to be connected to my computer to work, grrr


prawn cocktail crisps

pilchards on toast (you can get pilchards there but they just don't taste the same)

decent tv

jaffa cakes

Greggs pasties

proper beer (as in Black Sheep, or Timothy Taylor's Landlord, or Cwrw Haf, the list goes on...)

My Photo
Name:
Location: Cairns, Queensland, Australia

Married in the tropics, enjoying life with my husband, my clarinet and wondering that eternal mystery - where do all my fish go?

adopt your own virtual pet!

Powered by Blogger

Wednesday, September 03, 2008

I dreamt...

…that it was spring and I was walking*.  There was snow on the ground, just enough to make everything white with the grass and the daffodils and the snowdrops peeking through, the sky was blue, that wonderful glowing blue that means you should rug up warm before heading out.  There were leaf buds on the trees.

 

I was in a village walking past the green, with a magnolia tree in flower just off centre in the green, amazingly untouched by the cold, heading to somewhere.  I don’t know where. 

 

I took a turn, past old stone cottages and went up the road which turned after a little while into a track, then a path.

 

I stopped at a ladder over a stone wall, and turned and looked back at the snow covered valley and the daffodils in the shelter of the wall, a burst of yellow against the grey.

 

I stopped and sat down and simply watched the world go by and marvelled at the snow covered view and waited for the bluebells to arrive.

 

*because the tyre on my bike had gone flat and I didn’t have a puncture repair kit.  Don’t ask, I don’t know.

|