www.flickr.com

nothing because it has to be connected to my computer to work, grrr


prawn cocktail crisps

pilchards on toast (you can get pilchards there but they just don't taste the same)

decent tv

jaffa cakes

Greggs pasties

proper beer (as in Black Sheep, or Timothy Taylor's Landlord, or Cwrw Haf, the list goes on...)

My Photo
Name:
Location: Cairns, Queensland, Australia

Married in the tropics, enjoying life with my husband, my clarinet and wondering that eternal mystery - where do all my fish go?

adopt your own virtual pet!

Powered by Blogger

Tuesday, July 29, 2008

Carpets [Scanned]

I finally lost the battle.

 

This weekend, we bought some marine carpet (great stuff, hard to stain and you can take it out and hose it down if you need to) to put in the back of the car to protect the carpet.

 

This, I was perfectly agreeable to.

 

The battle I lost was whether we had the back seats up or down.  I like them up.  I like our car to look like a car that’s used for carrying people (besides, things used to get stored down in the gap below the back seats in the old Subaru and after several years of accumulated gunk it was horrible to clean up when we traded it in.  I mean, we even had cockroaches breeding in the car *pause to shudder*) rather than a more utilitarian one. 

 

And I was worried about the gunk building up again.

 

So, the carpet was bought and cut out to cover the whole lot, back seats down.  Sigh.

 

Still, he’s promised that it will be kept clean, and stuff won’t be stored down under the seats.

 

And definitely NO cockroaches.

|