www.flickr.com

nothing because it has to be connected to my computer to work, grrr


prawn cocktail crisps

pilchards on toast (you can get pilchards there but they just don't taste the same)

decent tv

jaffa cakes

Greggs pasties

proper beer (as in Black Sheep, or Timothy Taylor's Landlord, or Cwrw Haf, the list goes on...)

My Photo
Name:
Location: Cairns, Queensland, Australia

Married in the tropics, enjoying life with my husband, my clarinet and wondering that eternal mystery - where do all my fish go?

adopt your own virtual pet!

Powered by Blogger

Wednesday, May 28, 2008

Reader, I married him


At around 4.15pm on Saturday 17th May 2008 I looked up at my fiance and said 'I do'. I don't think I've ever been happier in my life.

That's not to say that the day went entirely without hitches. The photographer is going down in family history as a by-word for someone a bit strange.
I thought that when I was walking across the beach everyone was laughing at me and my entirely unsuitable for a beach dress which was a bit disconcerting but I thought to myself 'sod them all - I feel wonderful' and was determined to not let them get to me. I later found out they were laughing at my sister's complete inability to hold onto the back of my dress and ensuing chase for a corner to grab, just to drop it again.
The vows were terribly simple. There were 2 responses to 2 questions each 'I do' and 'I will'. Unfortunately, I let Graham go first and he wasn't entirely certain of this. Still, 'I do' and 'um, yes' worked just as well.

The flowers were absolutely beautiful and the cake was delicious. The venue was so perfect I can't even begin to describe it. All in all it was a bloody good day.

Labels:

|