www.flickr.com

nothing because it has to be connected to my computer to work, grrr


prawn cocktail crisps

pilchards on toast (you can get pilchards there but they just don't taste the same)

decent tv

jaffa cakes

Greggs pasties

proper beer (as in Black Sheep, or Timothy Taylor's Landlord, or Cwrw Haf, the list goes on...)

My Photo
Name:
Location: Cairns, Queensland, Australia

Married in the tropics, enjoying life with my husband, my clarinet and wondering that eternal mystery - where do all my fish go?

adopt your own virtual pet!

Powered by Blogger

Saturday, August 11, 2007

I screwed up

I am so furious with myself. In all of the stuff I read about getting this stupid visa it said that ANY medical checks and police checks that I do prior to applying for the visa would not be valid and I have to wait for the department to request them before I do anything. So far so good.

In going over everything with a final toothcomb I came across one little NB at the bottom of a page that said something along the lines of 'some countries allow you to apply earlier'. Having emailed the embassy in London I've found out that here is one of them. Great. If I'd found this earlier I could have HAD all my police checks READY rather than having to wait for them now. I can't believe that I missed that in all the times I read all the info on the visa. AAARGH!

Mind you, I still can't apply for the bloody thing as the other thing I've found was another little NB that said normally witness statements from only family will not normally be considered enough. Given that the only one that I have from a reliable source that isn't his parents decided not to furnish me with a copy of their birth certificate or passport, needed to prove that they're Australian, I've got to wait for them to do that anyway. Given that it's taken me 2 months for them to give me the right information about Graham's work (we asked for it in May, I got it last week) I think I've got a little time.

For crying out loud! All I want to do is go back and marry my fiance - WHY IS THIS SO DAMN DIFFICULT?!

I've also had another tooth out so am sore and grumpy. Grr.

Labels:

|