www.flickr.com

nothing because it has to be connected to my computer to work, grrr


prawn cocktail crisps

pilchards on toast (you can get pilchards there but they just don't taste the same)

decent tv

jaffa cakes

Greggs pasties

proper beer (as in Black Sheep, or Timothy Taylor's Landlord, or Cwrw Haf, the list goes on...)

My Photo
Name:
Location: Cairns, Queensland, Australia

Married in the tropics, enjoying life with my husband, my clarinet and wondering that eternal mystery - where do all my fish go?

adopt your own virtual pet!

Powered by Blogger

Monday, November 26, 2007

Politics - back to the schoolyard

I'm not the world's most politically minded person, I admit that freely, but even I could see the ridiculousness of the election that took place this weekend.

Was this country ruled by a bunch of 6 year olds?! Never before have a seen an election campaign by the party in power rely on a strategy that, instead of laying out policies that they have no intention of keeping etc, says, in varying tones of petulance, 'you have to vote for us because, well, we're better than the other side' or 'given that the economy is in so much trouble, you don't want to vote for someone inexperienced who hasn't led a country before'. The immediate question that sprung to mind with that last one was, if you're so great at leading, how come the country's in so much trouble in the first place? Not one strategy or policy have I heard since I've been back, it's ALL been 'vote for us because we don't want to have to move houses because we've been here so long and we're comfy'. It's no wonder that they bloody lost!

Mind you, only Australia could then vote in a PM called Kevin...

Labels:

|