www.flickr.com

nothing because it has to be connected to my computer to work, grrr


prawn cocktail crisps

pilchards on toast (you can get pilchards there but they just don't taste the same)

decent tv

jaffa cakes

Greggs pasties

proper beer (as in Black Sheep, or Timothy Taylor's Landlord, or Cwrw Haf, the list goes on...)

My Photo
Name:
Location: Cairns, Queensland, Australia

Married in the tropics, enjoying life with my husband, my clarinet and wondering that eternal mystery - where do all my fish go?

adopt your own virtual pet!

Powered by Blogger

Thursday, April 08, 2010

So long, farewell, auf wiedersehen, goodbye

I've been silent recently, I know. Mostly this is due to not having internet access at home which can curtail my blogging abilities rather severely. It has also been due to the fact that for a year and a half (until last September) I had a terrible job which didn't make me much fun to be around and I wanted to whinge about work a lot. Then I got a new job. Which was great for about 1 week before it all, too, turned to a big pile of poo. It's not really good form to blog about troubles (or anything, really) at work and for the most part the shit happened to someone else and it wasn't really my story to tell and still isn't. Suffice it to say, I was over the moon when I got another new job in January. This job is fantastic. Three months in and I still love it! I love going to work, I don't feel sick contemplating walking into the office, when my bosses speak to me I don't stress about what it is I might have done wrong or if I'm going to get shouted at. All in all, job = fantastic.

Life seemed to be going well. I have a great job, a loving husband who is fantastic in every way, things were going well. In fact, this probably should be a 'hey I'm back and I'm great!' sort of post.

It isn't.

I'm not back and I'm most certainly not ok. This will improve, over time, but right now if I could hide entirely from the world, I would. My husband, as mentioned, is a wonderful, supportive, loving man and a fantastic pillar of strength. My family and friends, although mostly distant, I know are thinking of us. I write this not for people to ask what's wrong (and I don't think you can anyway as my comments provider decided to close up shop a month ago), or fishing for sympathy but to explain that, right now, I can't do this. I can't blog what I'm feeling because it's just too hard. I'm not even certain writing this final post is a good plan, but I think I'll do it anyway, if just to stop people asking me when I'm going to blog again.

So, from me, it's goodbye. Take care of yourselves and (because I'm quite a bit of a geek) live long and prosper.

Labels:

|