www.flickr.com

nothing because it has to be connected to my computer to work, grrr


prawn cocktail crisps

pilchards on toast (you can get pilchards there but they just don't taste the same)

decent tv

jaffa cakes

Greggs pasties

proper beer (as in Black Sheep, or Timothy Taylor's Landlord, or Cwrw Haf, the list goes on...)

My Photo
Name:
Location: Cairns, Queensland, Australia

Married in the tropics, enjoying life with my husband, my clarinet and wondering that eternal mystery - where do all my fish go?

adopt your own virtual pet!

Powered by Blogger

Thursday, May 28, 2009

Murder on the dance floor [Scanned]

It all began last September when I went to my sister’s wedding.  The bride and groom had been taking dancing lessons and when the day came, after several drinks, I got flung around the dance floor by my new brother-in-law (much to everyone’s amusement I suspect) but I thought there and then that learning to do something like Salsa would be really quite fun.

 

Six months ago I went out for dinner with my husband and noticed that there were Salsa lessons at the place and I mentioned that it would be something I would quite like to do.  Much to Graham’s amusement, I suspect. 

 

Nothing much happened until last week when I was out for lunch with the girls from work and we were talking about getting fit and the gym (neither of which are things that I do) and things like that and I mentioned that I’d always wanted to take Salsa lessons.  Then one of my colleagues goes ‘well, I’m starting Salsa lessons on Tuesday and it’s two for one for four lessons, why don’t you come along?’

 

Now those of you who know me know I’m a great one for wanting to do things but never actually quite getting round to doing it.  It’s a failing I know, but hey ho.

 

Anyway, I agreed to go and on Thursday this seemed like a great idea (even though Graham was openly amused by this – and flatly refused to join me).  By Tuesday not so much a good idea and I did try to back out of it (to be fair, I was absolutely knackered and just wanted to go home and collapse).  Somehow though at 6pm I found myself at the bar where the lessons were taking place (it’s amazing what the offer of a glass of wine will do).

 

I must say, I had fun.  However, I’m not sure I can say the same about the teacher who has possibly never seen someone have quite so much trouble with not only left and right but backwards and forwards as well.  I have also completely forgotten at least one of the four steps that she taught us and have strained my right leg and foot (I’ve been limping for 2 days).

 

Still, I’ve paid for another 3 lessons.  You never know, I may have got the hang of it by then, otherwise it really might be murder on the dance floor…

|