www.flickr.com

nothing because it has to be connected to my computer to work, grrr


prawn cocktail crisps

pilchards on toast (you can get pilchards there but they just don't taste the same)

decent tv

jaffa cakes

Greggs pasties

proper beer (as in Black Sheep, or Timothy Taylor's Landlord, or Cwrw Haf, the list goes on...)

My Photo
Name:
Location: Cairns, Queensland, Australia

Married in the tropics, enjoying life with my husband, my clarinet and wondering that eternal mystery - where do all my fish go?

adopt your own virtual pet!

Powered by Blogger

Thursday, April 16, 2009

Cooking

My husband, for all he doesn't eat much vegetables and stuff, has the happy knack of being able to throw things together and it comes out wonderfully. He cooked me a meal of redclaw marinated in lime, lemongrass and soy with rice and courgettes the other day and it was set out so beautifully it was a shame to spoil it. It was worth it though, it was delicious! And the mango curry he made the other day was simply stupendous.

Anyway, my point is I love cooking but I have a tendancy to get stuck in the same couple of recipes for ages without attempting anything new and I, alas, do not have the happy knack of chucking things in and turning out marvels. I need receipies.

So I've made a resolution to myself.

At least once a week I will attempt a new receipe. Or find an old receipe that I have not attempted in a long time (Chicken Everest springs to mind)
At least once a month one of those receipies will be a desert or cake or something (as I have a wonderful book from my lovely best friend which I got for Christmas - Nigella Lawson's How to be a Domestic Goddess - which makes my mouth water just looking at the pictures and I never know where to start as they ALL look brilliant).

I intend to be on the lookout for Charmaine Solomon's 'The Complete Asian Cookbook' and I'm always on the eye out for Ken Hom. I shall possibly have to start looking out for other good types of recipies otherwise I'll get stuck on Asian which will defeat the purpose.

Keep your fingers crossed and I will keep you posted.
|