www.flickr.com

nothing because it has to be connected to my computer to work, grrr


prawn cocktail crisps

pilchards on toast (you can get pilchards there but they just don't taste the same)

decent tv

jaffa cakes

Greggs pasties

proper beer (as in Black Sheep, or Timothy Taylor's Landlord, or Cwrw Haf, the list goes on...)

My Photo
Name:
Location: Cairns, Queensland, Australia

Married in the tropics, enjoying life with my husband, my clarinet and wondering that eternal mystery - where do all my fish go?

adopt your own virtual pet!

Powered by Blogger

Tuesday, June 09, 2009

Paradise found? [Scanned]

It is so easy, sometimes, to take for granted what there is around us.  I’ve taken to driving to work a slightly longer way every morning, but a way that takes me down onto the Esplanade with its palm trees and grassy strip before the sea stretches out (or the mudflats depending on the tide – you can’t have everything) and it’s beautiful.  Even in the rain and wind it just amazes me to think that I live here, almost in paradise, every day.  In a place where people come for once in a lifetime holidays - and I LIVE here.

 

We went for a walk along the beach the other day.  It’s a two minute walk from our front door and it stretches for ages.  People were laughing, swimming and further down, kite surfing.  It was windy but clear and still absolutely lovely.

 

I have a wonderful husband, a lovely home, a car and a boat.  It couldn’t really get much better than this.

 

|