www.flickr.com

nothing because it has to be connected to my computer to work, grrr


prawn cocktail crisps

pilchards on toast (you can get pilchards there but they just don't taste the same)

decent tv

jaffa cakes

Greggs pasties

proper beer (as in Black Sheep, or Timothy Taylor's Landlord, or Cwrw Haf, the list goes on...)

My Photo
Name:
Location: Cairns, Queensland, Australia

Married in the tropics, enjoying life with my husband, my clarinet and wondering that eternal mystery - where do all my fish go?

adopt your own virtual pet!

Powered by Blogger

Friday, July 08, 2005

Helplessness

There's nothing worse than watching something unfold from the other side of the world and feeling so utterly helpless to do anything or find anything out and you are reduced to hoping with all your heart that no one you know has been hurt.

I spent a fraught few hours yesterday sitting in the Qantas Club lounge waiting for TAB's flight to Adelaide (yes he is back on the scene, long story, have been shouted at by preeety much everyone) for the weekend watching the London bombings unfold on Sky news from the first 'power surge' in the tube onwards.

My texts, of course, did not go through and I didn't get to the internet for 5 hours to be able to check if people had emailed me to say that they were ok.

My lovely mother emailed me to say that my sister was ok, and later on my sister did the same. The relief was huge.

I feel awful that I am relieved that so far, no one I know has been injured, even though I know there are people injured, dying and dead there.

I got through on msn to my friend who got to work 5 minutes before her tube station blew up. She said she was scared and shakey and definately did not want to go on public transport again any time soon. I don't blame her.

Love and hugs to everyone out there, our thoughts here in Oz are most definately with you.
|