www.flickr.com

nothing because it has to be connected to my computer to work, grrr


prawn cocktail crisps

pilchards on toast (you can get pilchards there but they just don't taste the same)

decent tv

jaffa cakes

Greggs pasties

proper beer (as in Black Sheep, or Timothy Taylor's Landlord, or Cwrw Haf, the list goes on...)

My Photo
Name:
Location: Cairns, Queensland, Australia

Married in the tropics, enjoying life with my husband, my clarinet and wondering that eternal mystery - where do all my fish go?

adopt your own virtual pet!

Powered by Blogger

Tuesday, December 06, 2005

Four seasons in one day

They say (though who 'they' is is a question that occasionally haunts me when I really don't have anything else to think about and my mind is rambling through pathways that I ususally reserve for extremely drunken logic) that the phrase 'four seasons in one day' was coined about Melbourne weather. I'm inclined to believe that this should be expanded to include all of Victoria. The other day it was hot and a little bit windy but generally a nice day. Five minutes after this observation you could see the clouds blowing in. Ten minutes after that there wasn't a patch of blue to be seen, the clouds had come in (that gray type which hurts your eyes to look at but because there's no sun it's not bright enough to wear sunnies) and then the rain came. Huge amounts of cold, lashing rain. On with the jumpers and coats and everyone starts commenting about how cold it was. Half an hour later it was back to the sweltering heat and clear blue skies.

Today is no different. The weather forecast this morning confidently announced that central Victoria would have a temperature of 31 degrees today. I'm sure that somewhere it does but right over us it has yet again decided to be cold, wet, windy and generally miserable. I could almost believe I'm back in Britain!
|