www.flickr.com

nothing because it has to be connected to my computer to work, grrr


prawn cocktail crisps

pilchards on toast (you can get pilchards there but they just don't taste the same)

decent tv

jaffa cakes

Greggs pasties

proper beer (as in Black Sheep, or Timothy Taylor's Landlord, or Cwrw Haf, the list goes on...)

My Photo
Name:
Location: Cairns, Queensland, Australia

Married in the tropics, enjoying life with my husband, my clarinet and wondering that eternal mystery - where do all my fish go?

adopt your own virtual pet!

Powered by Blogger

Friday, December 02, 2005

Wierd things

I was just checking on the other blogs I read, as you do, when I came across this post from Amy about running into someone I used to know way back when. This world is a very small place.

Just today I was talking to someone who arrived at the hostel last night and it turns out that they know people I was working with back up in Queensland. Stories of co-incidences always remind me of the story my father used to tell about running into his younger brother in Ostend years ago. I lived with someone in Melbourne who knew people back home and in the same flat was a girl who had only been to one place in Wales, once, and it turned out to be the village next to mine. Everyone has these types of stories, running into people they havn't seen for years or who turn out to be related to them at some random place in the world. These things happen ALL THE TIME to EVERYONE.

There's a conspiracy afoot I'm sure...
|