www.flickr.com

nothing because it has to be connected to my computer to work, grrr


prawn cocktail crisps

pilchards on toast (you can get pilchards there but they just don't taste the same)

decent tv

jaffa cakes

Greggs pasties

proper beer (as in Black Sheep, or Timothy Taylor's Landlord, or Cwrw Haf, the list goes on...)

My Photo
Name:
Location: Cairns, Queensland, Australia

Married in the tropics, enjoying life with my husband, my clarinet and wondering that eternal mystery - where do all my fish go?

adopt your own virtual pet!

Powered by Blogger

Monday, October 24, 2005

Mum made it too!

Having left the hostel at 5am this morning in order to get to the airport to meet mum, we've finally made it back here...4 hours later. Mum took longer than most to get through quarantine as she had to have her shoes sprayed because she's been in a rural area recently. Then we had to suffer my driving back into a city that I don't know. It wasn't too bad actually and mum was quite distracted from my driving by marvelling at the jacarandas (I think that's how you spell it)in bloom :)

It was really really nice to see mum walk round the corner into the Arrivals lounge but I think it may take just a little bit of getting used to the fact that this is Australia and it now has my mum in it :)

She's upstairs having a snooze at the moment. I'll go and wake her up in about an hour so she doesn't get too out of whack with the time difference. I can guarantee that she's going to be exceedingly tired by tonight though!

All in all I'm glad that she came here rather than us go to Bali, I really want to show her this country that has well and truly won me over.
|