www.flickr.com

nothing because it has to be connected to my computer to work, grrr


prawn cocktail crisps

pilchards on toast (you can get pilchards there but they just don't taste the same)

decent tv

jaffa cakes

Greggs pasties

proper beer (as in Black Sheep, or Timothy Taylor's Landlord, or Cwrw Haf, the list goes on...)

My Photo
Name:
Location: Cairns, Queensland, Australia

Married in the tropics, enjoying life with my husband, my clarinet and wondering that eternal mystery - where do all my fish go?

adopt your own virtual pet!

Powered by Blogger

Saturday, October 22, 2005

I made it

Hooray! Huzzah! Woohoo! well, you get the idea :)

I made it to Brisbane! 26 hours on a flipping coach after leaving Cardwell. Thankfully it was a lovely and nice coach rather that the rattling falling apart one that conveyed me down to Cardwell from Cairns. I knew it was going to be a fairly tough journey when every single person I talked to on the coach winced visibly when I said I was going all the way through to Brisbane. Still, I'm here now with my sanity more or less intact (although I was forced to sit through 'Elf' from which I have not quite yet recovered from the tendancy to burst into Christmas songs but I'm getting there!).

If my timing is right, mum will already be on her way to London by now to catch her flight. She'll arrive at 9.30pm Sunday GMT, 6.30am Monday for me. I'm still trying to think of things to do with her (the Australia Zoo seems a fairly safe bet) but I'm sure we'll get there! I'm still excited, I can't wait to see her :D

Right, I need food. Time for an explore of the West End of Brisbane's streets.
|