www.flickr.com

nothing because it has to be connected to my computer to work, grrr


prawn cocktail crisps

pilchards on toast (you can get pilchards there but they just don't taste the same)

decent tv

jaffa cakes

Greggs pasties

proper beer (as in Black Sheep, or Timothy Taylor's Landlord, or Cwrw Haf, the list goes on...)

My Photo
Name:
Location: Cairns, Queensland, Australia

Married in the tropics, enjoying life with my husband, my clarinet and wondering that eternal mystery - where do all my fish go?

adopt your own virtual pet!

Powered by Blogger

Friday, December 02, 2005

It's summertime!

Since the last post things have definately been looking up. I've had work for the last couple of days and now things have really started to pick up so I shouldn't be out of work again and if I am it will only be for a day or so, woohoo!

I've only got the time to come on the internet now as now it's summer, it's decided to piss it down and being in the middle of a vinyard which is basically 140 acres covered in wire isn't the best idea in the middle of a thunderstorm... :)

This job is going to do wonders for my thighs (I know you were all dying to hear that) as we're walking about 20k's a day up and down and up and down the rows lifting wires (good for the arms, excellent!). Who needs the gym when you can just work a gruelling 9 hour day in the heat with the flies and mozzies (I can't tell what size my ankles actually are) lifting wires and vines to the top of 6ft poles ;)

Things with TAB are ok, the day after that last post I left him a message asking him to come up which he duly did the very next day, which was nice. I've got used to the fact that I won't see him for either my birthday or Christmas, he couldn't really do much about it. Anyway, there's a Christmas party at Nagambie the day after my birthday and I've just been invited to someone's house for Christmas day which was lovely :) I met this girl working today, we'd just got past asking each others names and things like that when she asked me what I was doing at Christmas. On hearing that I was intending to spend it at the pub she wouldn't hear of it and I have to go round her house for a meal and they'll put a pressie under the tree for me. Cheered me right up that did :)

We had a rather surreal moment last night, we were all gathered outside after work, beer in hand, listening to the merry zip and zing of mozzies frying on the exterminating light thingy, celebrating the first day of summer and listening to Bing Crosby sing 'Let it snow, let it snow, let it snow'. Well, it is nearing Christmas after all!
|