www.flickr.com

nothing because it has to be connected to my computer to work, grrr


prawn cocktail crisps

pilchards on toast (you can get pilchards there but they just don't taste the same)

decent tv

jaffa cakes

Greggs pasties

proper beer (as in Black Sheep, or Timothy Taylor's Landlord, or Cwrw Haf, the list goes on...)

My Photo
Name:
Location: Cairns, Queensland, Australia

Married in the tropics, enjoying life with my husband, my clarinet and wondering that eternal mystery - where do all my fish go?

adopt your own virtual pet!

Powered by Blogger

Friday, December 09, 2005

Shit

I've been deliberating whether or not to give Nagambie a miss given that I really need to be working and head up to Mildura where there are apparently lots of jobs.

The Mildura plan sounds the most viable.

I'm really in a bit of a tight spot though. I've just read the updated - again - immigration website (not that it's the easiest website to find your way around and it frequently contradicts itself) and it seems that they've decided that one I've had 2 visas I can't apply for another whilst in the country (I would double check this but I can't even find the damn page now) apart from in exceptional circumstances. So I'm going to have to come home in 2007 (that's if I get THIS visa extension!) no matter what.

Work to apply for another working-holiday maker's visa also has to be full time. Given that I've worked four and a half days in the last 3 weeks I think that that isn't going to be really counted. I've wasted a MONTH because they keep promising us work here and then there isn't any, or they don't place me and the 2 German girls in work. I'm screwed! I need to get out of here NOW.
|