www.flickr.com

nothing because it has to be connected to my computer to work, grrr


prawn cocktail crisps

pilchards on toast (you can get pilchards there but they just don't taste the same)

decent tv

jaffa cakes

Greggs pasties

proper beer (as in Black Sheep, or Timothy Taylor's Landlord, or Cwrw Haf, the list goes on...)

My Photo
Name:
Location: Cairns, Queensland, Australia

Married in the tropics, enjoying life with my husband, my clarinet and wondering that eternal mystery - where do all my fish go?

adopt your own virtual pet!

Powered by Blogger

Thursday, March 16, 2006

I give up

I am, I think, quite utterly hopeless. My lovely sister did email me instructions on how to enter haloscan comments onto this blog. However, having attempted a couple of times to get rid of the comments I currently have and put the haloscan comments in their place I have to admit I have failed dismally.

This, possibly, has some connection to the fact that I've also drunk half a bottle of rather nice wine tonight, but I prefer to think that no, I just don't understand HTML. This I think is not a too difficult assumption to come to given that I've only had to use it to do this blog and, up until now, I've not had to make any real changes to it. I can add specific things when told where to add them and I can just about make sense of certain things (like fonts and how to add pages to my 'other people's random thoughts' sidebar thingy) but apart from that it is completely escaping me. It's a learning as I go process without the help of books or any actual helpful literature, sort of the blind leading the blind. (It's worthwhile noting that the haloscan page instructions on how to install it on blogger/blogspot pages tells you to put the code somewhere between the blogger and /blogger codes which I found nicely thank you, it doesn't really help you as to what piece of code you should be replacing, which would be the most helpful piece of advice imaginable at this point in time).

Anyway, I'm going to email it to Rachie as she so very kindly offered to help me out (I probably would get there in the end with trial and error...of course this may involve me throwing sharp things at the computer in the meantime and I really don't think mum would like that...) so if you see haloscan comments here in the near future, please feel free to use them and thank my sister for her wonderful help :)

And here's a photo to keep you all happy with my other skills (once again, courtesy of Rachie...what would I do without her?)



See, I left warm climates for that. Is it any wonder I still can't feel my fingers? Pretty though, isn't it? :)
|