www.flickr.com

nothing because it has to be connected to my computer to work, grrr


prawn cocktail crisps

pilchards on toast (you can get pilchards there but they just don't taste the same)

decent tv

jaffa cakes

Greggs pasties

proper beer (as in Black Sheep, or Timothy Taylor's Landlord, or Cwrw Haf, the list goes on...)

My Photo
Name:
Location: Cairns, Queensland, Australia

Married in the tropics, enjoying life with my husband, my clarinet and wondering that eternal mystery - where do all my fish go?

adopt your own virtual pet!

Powered by Blogger

Monday, February 13, 2006

Wonderful times

I had that most elusive of experiences this weekend...a full weekend off! Yes, I did! Two WHOLE days when I didn't have to be in that bloody shed smelling (and smelling of by the end of the day) rotten tomatoes. I was pretty much ecstatic when I left work on Friday afternoon (early, yet another bonus) and quite amused my friends by jumping up and down and grinning like a loon going 'I don't have to be back until Monday, woohoo!'. Suffice it to say the good mood lasted right up until about 6am this morning when I started again. Boo.

Hey ho, the rest of my weekend was fantastic and I wouldn't have been able to afford to do it without the job so every cloud has it's silver lining :)

I very nearly jumped out of a plane again this weekend. I've been having serious withdrawal symptoms recently. It's been 6 months since I last did a jump and am now classified as 'non current' which means I have to be briefed by an instructor who will check that my memory isn't always quite as bad as people think it is before I'm allowed to jump. I just can't wait to get back in the air, out that plane door and flying again :)*

I also got off my lazy arse and rang my credit card company expecting to hear that they will, reluctantly, send me a new card given that my last one was stopped because I missed a payment (see above comment re memory) and had the wonderful surprise that my card will work, I don't need a new one! They just wanted me to contact them before re-opening it. Fantastic! Hassle free or what? This means I will now be able to apply for my visa extention for the next year. All fingers that can be kept crossed would be welcome :)

*yes mum, I am also looking at updating my travel insurance before I jump so don't worry. Too much anyway.
|