www.flickr.com

nothing because it has to be connected to my computer to work, grrr


prawn cocktail crisps

pilchards on toast (you can get pilchards there but they just don't taste the same)

decent tv

jaffa cakes

Greggs pasties

proper beer (as in Black Sheep, or Timothy Taylor's Landlord, or Cwrw Haf, the list goes on...)

My Photo
Name:
Location: Cairns, Queensland, Australia

Married in the tropics, enjoying life with my husband, my clarinet and wondering that eternal mystery - where do all my fish go?

adopt your own virtual pet!

Powered by Blogger

Monday, January 23, 2006

Pictures, or not, as the case may be...

I realised that I havn't had the chance recently to post some photos so I'm going to bombard you with a few (hopefully, I still havn't quite got the hang of this!). Hopefully you should get a good look at a tomato picking machine, a planting tractor and trailer, me and a koala and a couple of girls I work with relaxing in the only shade around during smoko in the planting paddock.

Men are currently the bane of my life (what's new!). TAB is actually being very quiet and unobtrusive. We text occasionally but apart from that no other real contact is made. He's making a new life back in Adelaide and I'm not part of it. The CTG (Cute Tongan Guy for those who can't be bothered to look back for the reference) is really a pain in the proverbial. Unable to actually grasp the fact that if I'm interested in ANYONE, which I'm not really, it would be him, he keeps trying to set me up with every man he meets! This recently met in disaster as one guy turned out to be a maniac, con artist and an all round bastard who told all my friends at the pub that I'd slept with him (Robin came round the next morning to take us to work and thumped me for being so daft, I think my look of horror when she explained what she'd been told went a long way to convincing her of my innocence in this particular matter) and he was so persistant that I actually had to get people to walk me home from the pub a couple of times because I didn't trust him. I was actually scared in the hostel one day because he grabbed my wrist and wouldn't let me go and kept on telling me how great we were together. When I escaped to my room I jumped when the door opened to let in a room-mate because I was afraid he'd followed me. Anyway, he's gone and good riddance, we chased him out of town with the police :)

The second guy he's trying to set me up with goes by the name of Wombat. And from what I've seen it's richly deserved. He's a nice guy but a bit dozy. Last night was awful because they kept on trying to get us to sit next to each other and were teasing all the time. To make things worse Wombat actually admitted that he does like me which just makes things embarressing.

Seriously, I don't know how I get myself into situations like this! It's a knack :)

Aargh! I seriously don't know what I'm doing wrong! I uploaded the pictures but they're not here on the blog. Am going to go and cry because I haven't got the time or energy to reupload them. I'll try again another time, I promise.

Anyway, I have to go sleep (I had 3 hours sleep before getting up for work at 5am today because of a bbq for a birthday, a leaving party and an arrival party of a girl who worked here a year ago all rolled into one) so I'm going to nap and hopefully the heat will have died down to only moderate stifflying hot by the time I wake up.
|