www.flickr.com

nothing because it has to be connected to my computer to work, grrr


prawn cocktail crisps

pilchards on toast (you can get pilchards there but they just don't taste the same)

decent tv

jaffa cakes

Greggs pasties

proper beer (as in Black Sheep, or Timothy Taylor's Landlord, or Cwrw Haf, the list goes on...)

My Photo
Name:
Location: Cairns, Queensland, Australia

Married in the tropics, enjoying life with my husband, my clarinet and wondering that eternal mystery - where do all my fish go?

adopt your own virtual pet!

Powered by Blogger

Wednesday, January 04, 2006

So long and thanks for all the fish

Before you all start to panic, don't worry, this remarkably facinating blog is not shutting up shop (despite the lack of writing from me in the last couple of weeks) so you can all breathe easy. I am in fact waving goodbye to an era, the era of TAB. I think this time the sparkle has definately fizzled out for good from our relationship. We were talking just before Christmas and I mentioned moving to Adelaide once my 3 months here is up, a move discussed before this. When queried why I said because I havn't seen SA and would quite like to and for us. The response? 'But there isn't really an 'us' is there?'. I'm glad that he decided to inform me of the definate end of our relationship at some point seen as it has quite obviously been dead for him for a while. Hey ho. Life goes on.

As a consequence I have actually had a fantastic couple of weeks, Christmas Eve was very very alcoholic as people kept buying me drinks and it's very rude to turn them down once they've bought them. Unfortunately this did mean that sometime in the last 24 hours my dear mother has listened to an answering machine message from a rather drunk Aussie saying that he's married me...

New Years Eve was a great night! I stayed here in Murchison and went to the local do at the pub, I could almost have been at the Rugby Club in Llandovery so familiar was it! Once again, copious amounts of alcohol and a very good mood ended with the terrible sight of me dancing. Badly. Much to the horror of a new girl at the hostel who tried in vain to teach me to dance. I did try, honest I did, but I've spent the last 26 years dancing on and off and I figure that if I was going to be any good at it it would have happened by now. In the end I just told her that I knew I was bad at dancing, have ALWAYS been bad at dancing, but I wouldn't do it unless I was having fun and that's what counts really. I just keep telling myself the old saying, they're not laughing WITH me...

Work has been rather good if knackering recently. I've just, thankfully, had half a day as the last 2 days have been 13/14 hours long which doesn't leave much time to do anything else but sleep once you get home (we also start at the horrible hour of 5.30am, I must be mad). The 2 girls I work with at the hostel and I are really happy at the moment as Sandy, who owns the hostel and sorts out our work, told us that our boss at the paddocks and the planting sheds is really happy with our work and has us on his 'best workers' list and wants us to stay working for him for as long as we want to. :D

Anyway, I hope that you are all looking forward to a fantastic 2006, I know I am. Have a great year, keep reading, and have fun. Now, I'm off to eye up the Cute Tongan Guy (hereby known as the CTG) who lives at the hostel with us ;)
|