www.flickr.com

nothing because it has to be connected to my computer to work, grrr


prawn cocktail crisps

pilchards on toast (you can get pilchards there but they just don't taste the same)

decent tv

jaffa cakes

Greggs pasties

proper beer (as in Black Sheep, or Timothy Taylor's Landlord, or Cwrw Haf, the list goes on...)

My Photo
Name:
Location: Cairns, Queensland, Australia

Married in the tropics, enjoying life with my husband, my clarinet and wondering that eternal mystery - where do all my fish go?

adopt your own virtual pet!

Powered by Blogger

Wednesday, December 21, 2005

Heat and Christmas

Good grief but it's HOT! It's the kind of heat that you get in the tropics that hits you like a wall when you walk out the door but minus the humidity. It's trying to decide whether to be a storm or just massively windy out there at the moment. Quite frankly I'm backing the storm as I'm not sure I can cope with getting up at 4.15am tomorrow morning in order to get to work by 5.30am so that the poor plants don't frazzle in the heat.

We were due at work by 6am this morning so were not best pleased when having been awake for all of 2 minutes at 5.10am and lacking my life saving morning coffee we were informed that they had infact started planting already and we were due there quarter of an hour before. Cue the fastest moving possible by barely awake coffee-lacking, sleep needing backpackers. We were at work by 5.30am. I, for one, was quite impressed!

Oddly enough I don't object to getting out of bed around 5am (although 6am is nicer) as it's really really easier to work in the cool of the morning. However I do object to having to witness any hour of the morning that begins with that unholy number 4 or under. Added to that it's still dark when we get to work at that time which makes planting a liiiitle more difficult (there are lights on the back of the tractor so you can see but given the lack of awakeness this doesn't really make much difference).

Finally, I don't know when I'll be able to get to a computer again (if I'm working tomorrow it'll be a 10-12 hour day, oooh fun) so I'm getting my Christmas greetings in now. Merry Christmas to one and all! Have fun people :)
|