www.flickr.com

nothing because it has to be connected to my computer to work, grrr


prawn cocktail crisps

pilchards on toast (you can get pilchards there but they just don't taste the same)

decent tv

jaffa cakes

Greggs pasties

proper beer (as in Black Sheep, or Timothy Taylor's Landlord, or Cwrw Haf, the list goes on...)

My Photo
Name:
Location: Cairns, Queensland, Australia

Married in the tropics, enjoying life with my husband, my clarinet and wondering that eternal mystery - where do all my fish go?

adopt your own virtual pet!

Powered by Blogger

Monday, December 19, 2005

The evils of drink

As per usual, I have, within the last 48 hours, sworn never ever to touch alcohol again.

This resolution lasted approximately 12 hours but the intentions were good!

Every time this particular evil enters my life in excess I think that next time I will learn. If the hangover isn't enough to deter me for long then surely, SURELY the recollection of me dancing would be enough to put me off for life.

Obviously this is not the case (which is surprising given my complete and utter lack of ability on the dancefloor...) and not only that but I seem to think that it's a GOOD IDEA at the time. I sit here in silent astonishment that without fail this miracle of madness occurs everytime I indulge myself. Ah well, thankfully it doesn't happen THAT often! I'm not sure anyone would survive the carnage if it did...

The party was definately a good one although I'm fairly certain that the sight of Don dressed up in a long blonde wig, pink lacy singlet and skirt will haunt me for a very, very long time.

It's not really sunk in yet that I probably won't be back there for a while. The DZ at Nagambie has been like a second home to me since I got to Australia, Don and Lou took me in and have treated me well and I'm going to miss the place. I'm sure that I'll find new friends in Adelaide though :)
|