www.flickr.com

nothing because it has to be connected to my computer to work, grrr


prawn cocktail crisps

pilchards on toast (you can get pilchards there but they just don't taste the same)

decent tv

jaffa cakes

Greggs pasties

proper beer (as in Black Sheep, or Timothy Taylor's Landlord, or Cwrw Haf, the list goes on...)

My Photo
Name:
Location: Cairns, Queensland, Australia

Married in the tropics, enjoying life with my husband, my clarinet and wondering that eternal mystery - where do all my fish go?

adopt your own virtual pet!

Powered by Blogger

Saturday, December 17, 2005

Time to cheer up

I realised that I've been boring everyone with being stressed out recently so am making a concerted effort to cheer up.

This so far has not been difficult. I've been in a supremely good mood for the last couple of days. My birthday was yesterday and despite the fact I spent 10 hours sweating a lot in a hot paddock weeding tomatoes and then planting somemore (a better job as you get to sit down on the back of a trailer) I remained in a stupidly happy mood :) Even the fact that I'm now the wrong side of 25 (but still the right side of 30, haha!) couldn't get me down ;)

Yesterday did go really well, after work we had a bbq at the backpackers (yes, I'm still in Murchison, they finally came through with work, woohoo!) and people bought me beer, which was nice!

I've been discussing my visa situation with some others here and they've all been informed that even though I've not been working it counts as full time because that's all that there has been so I should be out of here by the end of January! This is very good news.

Also, TAB DID remember to call me yesterday and wish me a happy birthday. Things are going slightly better for him too as he's got a new job as a consultant in Adelaide so the money will start coming in again and he can pay his bills which has been really stressing him out the last 3 months so that's all good.

I'm supposed to be going to Nagambie this weekend, I was going last night but with the bbq and the beer it just never happened. Unfortunately I now don't have a lift and the V-line (bus and coach company) don't really run convenient timetables at the weekend (it's just like being back in Wales!!!) so am going to try and beg a lot at the backpackers until they give in and give me a lift. I even asked if they had a bicycle I could borrow (it's over 20kms to Nagambie so those who know me and my lack of exercise drive should be suitably impressed by the fact I was willing to do that!) but there wasn't one.

Thanks for the birthday wishes \Amy they just made me smile even more. And a big hug to all those out there who sent me emails/txts and birthday wishes, I love you all! I also got to hear my nephew burble although the attempt to make him say 'happy birthday' did fail slightly. I'm sure that he's very precosious but possibly asking him to say that at only 6 weeks old may be a bit much...

Hope everyone out there is having a lovely smiley day too

xxx
|