www.flickr.com

nothing because it has to be connected to my computer to work, grrr


prawn cocktail crisps

pilchards on toast (you can get pilchards there but they just don't taste the same)

decent tv

jaffa cakes

Greggs pasties

proper beer (as in Black Sheep, or Timothy Taylor's Landlord, or Cwrw Haf, the list goes on...)

My Photo
Name:
Location: Cairns, Queensland, Australia

Married in the tropics, enjoying life with my husband, my clarinet and wondering that eternal mystery - where do all my fish go?

adopt your own virtual pet!

Powered by Blogger

Monday, January 09, 2006

I have been 'tagged' by Amy to do this so here goes...

1. What did you do in 2005 that you hadn't done before? Came to Australia (this will be a recurring theme, you have been warned...)
2. Did anyone close to you give birth? My sister-in-law to my lovely nephew James who I have only seen in photos so far and am eagerly awaiting a DVD
3. Did anyone close to you die? A couple of people who were well on the way to becoming close friends have died this year sadly
4. Did you travel? Where did you go? Best holiday memory? Yes, to NZ and Australia, best memory so far is learning to skydive
5. Best thing you bought? my skydives (another recurring theme)
6. Where did most of your money go? Skydiving!
7. What do you wish you had done more of? travelling around Australia rather than staying in Victoria
8. What do you wish you had done less of? arguing with TAB
9. What kept you sane? TAB, skydiving
10. What drove you mad? TAB... :D Running out of money, the Department of Immigration and their stupid rules
11. What made you celebrate? My nephew being born
12. What made you sad? Losing TAB, my friends dying
13. How was your birthday this year? Really nice, had a bbq and got a couple of pressies (well, beer) from the hostel I'm living in
14. What political issue stirred you the most this year? The execution of Van Nguyen (I think that's how you spell it)
15. Were you in love in 2005? Yes, very much so
16. What would you like to have in 2006 that you didn't have this year? A relationship that works for once!
17. What date from 2005 will be etched in your memory and why? November 3rd, my nephew's birthday
18. What song will remind you of 2005? Oooh, there are so many! One at random is Catch My Disease by Ben Lee
19. Compared to this time last year are you happier? Right now? No, this time last year I was really excited about leaving and now I'm a bit cut up about losing TAB but on the whole I'm happier now than I was.
20. Biggest achievement this year? learning to skydive!
21. Biggest disappointment this year? Losing TAB
22. What is the one thing that would have made you more satisfied? Keeping TAB! (sorry everyone)
23. Best new person you met this year? There have been so many new people! I'm going to say Don at Skydive Nagambie, one of the nicest people you could ever hope to meet.
24. A valuable life lesson you learnt this year? I need to believe in myself before others will believe in me
25. A question you made up yourself? hmmm...I'm not so good at this sort of thing! I'm on a time limit so may skip this one, sorry...

There, I think that I will tag that sister of mine to do this (sorry Rach) :D

Oh, Amy? Hannah still hasn't emailed me, have you seen her yet?
|