www.flickr.com

nothing because it has to be connected to my computer to work, grrr


prawn cocktail crisps

pilchards on toast (you can get pilchards there but they just don't taste the same)

decent tv

jaffa cakes

Greggs pasties

proper beer (as in Black Sheep, or Timothy Taylor's Landlord, or Cwrw Haf, the list goes on...)

My Photo
Name:
Location: Cairns, Queensland, Australia

Married in the tropics, enjoying life with my husband, my clarinet and wondering that eternal mystery - where do all my fish go?

adopt your own virtual pet!

Powered by Blogger

Thursday, February 02, 2006

Busy busy busy

I must apologise for the complete lack of interesting things that I have to say at the moment. I'm afraid that generally there is only one thing on my mind at the moment. Tomatoes. Evil, red blighters that haunt not only my waking hours (Literally. I'm working from 5am to 7.30pm and then I generally go home to bed, food and other necessities like alcohol are falling rapidly by the wayside. Like my weight, woohoo!) but my nights as well. I was completely confused yesterday by the fact that I remembered an entire day of packing and working but when I asked someone about it, it turned out that I had dreampt the entire day. I woke up from a nap a couple of weeks ago (way back in those halcyon days when life was good and work finished at the wonderfully early time of 3pm)in a panic because I was sure that I had to help Myriam and Tabea, two german girls living at the hostel at the time, to stack boxes.

Work is all consuming. We eat, live and breathe it. Even when we do occasionally decide we need to do something else and all descend on the pub for a drink or four all we talk about is tomatoes because that's the only thing that anyone had anything to do with recently.

I have a slight reprieve at the moment because the machine broke down so we all got sent home at 9am and have to go back to work at 1pm. Due to this we won't finish until around 10 or 11pm. Oh joy. I'm not sure I will ever be able to eat a raw tomato again.
|