www.flickr.com

nothing because it has to be connected to my computer to work, grrr


prawn cocktail crisps

pilchards on toast (you can get pilchards there but they just don't taste the same)

decent tv

jaffa cakes

Greggs pasties

proper beer (as in Black Sheep, or Timothy Taylor's Landlord, or Cwrw Haf, the list goes on...)

My Photo
Name:
Location: Cairns, Queensland, Australia

Married in the tropics, enjoying life with my husband, my clarinet and wondering that eternal mystery - where do all my fish go?

adopt your own virtual pet!

Powered by Blogger

Friday, May 19, 2006

Decisions decisions decisions

As both Welshy (though she still appears with her proper name on my comments, not sure why) and Pomgirl have been heckling me a little for answers, all I have to say is that I went out for dinner on Tuesday night with a very nice, charming man. We talked an awful lot, have lots in common and he even gets my sense of humour and can make a decent stab at following my train of thought which is frankly medal-worthy (for the uninitiated in Ellie-ness, though I do actually tend to tone my randomness down, even for this blog. I ramble. A lot. There is usually a point but it can take a while). I will be seeing him again and that, I think, is about all I'm going to say for the moment*.

Apart from that, I've been doing a lot of thinking lately. Well, for the last 2 1/2 months actually. I came home for a specific reason. I was hurt and upset and mildly concussed. I wanted family and comforting familiar things around me and, since coming home, I've had these in spades. Thinking of the CTG and what he did to me no longer brings on feelings of terrible hurt, anger and not a small amount of guilt (it must have been my fault, he'd never hit anyone before so it MUST have been something I'd done, etc...). These no longer happen. Home is wonderfully healing and very good for the soul (as, incidentally, is meeting a man not immediately inclined to knock me out). So, the question is, what to do next? Well, my goals haven't changed. This country, I feel, is not for me. A small part of me has been able to see that life here in the countryside could be wonderful but I know that I can't afford to live here so that's really out of the question. The larger part of me still wants to live out in Australia.

I can't put it into words all that I feel, but it can be simply summed up as I love that country. I love the people, the climate and the cities (and from me, that's a big statement). I love everything about it and I can't wait to get back. So, back is what I'm going to do. As soon as possible. I've got a concert I think I've got to do, really, and then I'm going.

*I'm taking the view on this one that it's not really fair for me to say an awful lot given that he doesn't know I'm writing about him, although he knows I write a blog so may actually manage to track it down somehow.
|