www.flickr.com

nothing because it has to be connected to my computer to work, grrr


prawn cocktail crisps

pilchards on toast (you can get pilchards there but they just don't taste the same)

decent tv

jaffa cakes

Greggs pasties

proper beer (as in Black Sheep, or Timothy Taylor's Landlord, or Cwrw Haf, the list goes on...)

My Photo
Name:
Location: Cairns, Queensland, Australia

Married in the tropics, enjoying life with my husband, my clarinet and wondering that eternal mystery - where do all my fish go?

adopt your own virtual pet!

Powered by Blogger

Tuesday, May 02, 2006

Just call me Bob...

Mum and I have had a fantastic time in the last few days. The weather has been fairly good and we've been out in the garden waging our war again ivy. This of course led to me straining my shoulder on Friday but there you go, I'm a walking disaster area as usual.

The garden here is, well, slightly overgrown. We're very proud though because we've managed to clear a path through from one side of the paddock to the other, battling ferocious brambles, piles of rubble from various building projects and even rediscovering the long lost ty-bach (it's a 2 seater, very posh!) which is amazingly enough still standing. We've also cleared out several walls around the place which has been lost behind dark depths of ivy and other bushes and, having gone wall mad, we've even started to build another one today. Having dug up a sloping area of, well, rubble and nettles, mum thought building a wall and a level garden behind it would be nice. This involved having to shift breezeblocks (why are they called that, does anyone know? Are breezeblocks particularly breezy?) and lots of earth and roots. My back now seriously aches. And we're only half way round the wall's projected route. I think I dislike breezeblocks.

The fires however have been fab. We had a HUGE bonfire (making up seriously for missing Bonfire Night last year) on Friday and when we piled more stuff up on the ashes on Sunday it spontaniously combusted, which was fun.

Sorry to bore you all with the gardening adventures, it's just that I do enjoy being out there and working with my hands and body and spending time with my mum, it sure beats sitting in an office all day! Also, not much else is going on right now in my world. I'm quietly enjoying not having to deal. This will of course come to and end, probably fairly soon, but am reveling in it while I can.
|