www.flickr.com

nothing because it has to be connected to my computer to work, grrr


prawn cocktail crisps

pilchards on toast (you can get pilchards there but they just don't taste the same)

decent tv

jaffa cakes

Greggs pasties

proper beer (as in Black Sheep, or Timothy Taylor's Landlord, or Cwrw Haf, the list goes on...)

My Photo
Name:
Location: Cairns, Queensland, Australia

Married in the tropics, enjoying life with my husband, my clarinet and wondering that eternal mystery - where do all my fish go?

adopt your own virtual pet!

Powered by Blogger

Thursday, April 06, 2006

Blogs

When you stop to think about it, blogs are very odd things. A lot of people keep a diary. I've kept one quite constantly since I was about 14, albeit with some gaps of a few months occasionally but never more than that. I would put things in my diary that I wouldn't put in my blog however. On the other hand I have been known to put things in my blog that I havn't in my diary.

Reading back on some of my entries gives me an entirely different perspective on events than I would get reading back on my entries in my diary. Not always a good thing but it made me stop and think.

Do I have a private mind and a public one? A right and wrong one? I don't think so because I've written some very personal things in here and being private/public hasn't really crossed my mind. Or telling the truth in one place and not in the other.

I do feel that occasionally there are thoughts that I can't share with all you loyal readers but that's because I wouldn't share them with anyone. They're the thoughts in my deepest, darkest places and not always rational, sensible, or likeable when I know I'm being silly and mostly I shield all of you from this. The ones I look back on and remember where I was and what actually happened, despite what I wrote. I remember the feeling I felt at the time which matters more than the words.

I remember reading once that people have faces. Not just the 2 that are most commonly thought of, but multitudinous, (ooh, long word!) myriad faces like the facets of a gemstone, each shining in it's own way it just depends on how you look at it. And you can't see all at once. To have something shining you must have something dark.

I know that I put quite a lot sometimes in this blog and I've tasted other people's and found them wanting because they either feel so superficial that I don't get to know them at all or because I feel they're trying too hard to be something that they just aren't. However I know that other people really like them. I'm fairly certain people have read mine and definately found it wanting and I don't blame them. My sister's blog is one I find almost always to be entertaining yet insightful but recently a friend of mine told me that she likes mine more than Rachie's because she knows me. She's not wrong and I wouldn't even consider thinking less of her for expressing that opinion. It just went to show me that everyone sees something different in everyone else. Different faces, different facets.

Blogs are very strange things.
|