www.flickr.com

nothing because it has to be connected to my computer to work, grrr


prawn cocktail crisps

pilchards on toast (you can get pilchards there but they just don't taste the same)

decent tv

jaffa cakes

Greggs pasties

proper beer (as in Black Sheep, or Timothy Taylor's Landlord, or Cwrw Haf, the list goes on...)

My Photo
Name:
Location: Cairns, Queensland, Australia

Married in the tropics, enjoying life with my husband, my clarinet and wondering that eternal mystery - where do all my fish go?

adopt your own virtual pet!

Powered by Blogger

Sunday, April 16, 2006

Celebrations!

Woohoo!! I've commandeered my brother's broadbank internet for a couple of hours and after looking up a couple of things decided to try and fiddle around with my comments and template as it doesn't take 10 minutes to change things on this lovely fast connection.

I figured out why Amy's posts decided to come up on every post (that she could see anyway), it was because when I'd pasted the very helpful things that my sister had sent me into the template, there was a 't' missing from the end of postCount, so it wasn't. It was just adding it to every post. I would be very grateful if Amy would let me know if she can still see them all, I may have to actually delete the comments (sorry).

I also worked out why (but don't ask me how) they weren't appearing on the main page and, as you may have already noticed, I've sorted that little problem out as well! I'm very proud of myself at the moment.

I'm also very proud of my little nephew who is quite a star. He doesn't cry all that much and generally lies there and giggles. It's fantastic! We went for a walk today with him in his new carrier which means he looks out over my brother's shoulder at the world rather than from his front. He seemed to enjoy the different perspective and we managed an hour and a half walk with a little snooze and no complaints which is apparently a little unusual.

I had a bit of a shock on Wednesday when my phone rang and I didn't recognise the number. After finally running around the house trying to get a stable connection on my mobile, the person on the other end turned out to be a girl I used to know waaaaay way back in secondary school. Amy had mentioned running into her mother a couple of months back in Derby but I never expected her to ring. Apparently she'd just had lunch with Ames and had asked for my number. Which was nice. It really was lovely to hear from here after all these years (I think it's been nearly 7 since we last saw each other) and it would be really quite interesting to see what her memories of secondary school are like compared to mine.

Anyway, am going to go and play with my nephew and make him giggle somemore.

Good luck with the sponsored silence Amy!
|