www.flickr.com

nothing because it has to be connected to my computer to work, grrr


prawn cocktail crisps

pilchards on toast (you can get pilchards there but they just don't taste the same)

decent tv

jaffa cakes

Greggs pasties

proper beer (as in Black Sheep, or Timothy Taylor's Landlord, or Cwrw Haf, the list goes on...)

My Photo
Name:
Location: Cairns, Queensland, Australia

Married in the tropics, enjoying life with my husband, my clarinet and wondering that eternal mystery - where do all my fish go?

adopt your own virtual pet!

Powered by Blogger

Friday, April 21, 2006

Easter

was fantastic. I met my nephew and I got to see my brother and sister-in-law for the first time since Christmas 2004, all in all, a good weekend.

My nephew I am hoping was a bit under the weather (that's not as cruel as it sounds if you'll just let me elaborate...) as he decidedly didn't like to be passed to me. The first time he saw me he cried. Then, on the last couple of days, if I picked him up or he was passed to me then that was it, tears, wailing and terrible cries ensued until he got passed back to either parent and then he was happy as larry again. *Sigh* I'm chosing to believe that he wasn't feeling to good, as his parents said, and simply wasn't happy being passed to a relatively unknown relative. With scary blonde hair.

I've been quite technically minded as well. Not only have I fixed my comments (woohoo!) but I managed to sort out a lot of my music on my mp3 player too which is good because it's been bugging me for, well, 14 months now, that I didn't have time to sort it all in the first place and an awful lot of stuff was put under rather strange genres (Hayley Westenra's Pure was under the 'Rock' catagory) or under the heading of 'various artists'. Helpful as I'm sure you'll agree.

The other great thing about visiting my brother is that we have fairly similar tastes in music in some respects but he's much, much better at hearing about it and having the money to buy it so he generally gets to tell me about all the things I should be listening to which is fine because (and don't you ever repeat this to him) he's usually right.

Amy's home this weekend, must ring her tomorrow to meet up. Properly this time, without me getting terribly distracted by men chatting me up.
|