www.flickr.com

nothing because it has to be connected to my computer to work, grrr


prawn cocktail crisps

pilchards on toast (you can get pilchards there but they just don't taste the same)

decent tv

jaffa cakes

Greggs pasties

proper beer (as in Black Sheep, or Timothy Taylor's Landlord, or Cwrw Haf, the list goes on...)

My Photo
Name:
Location: Cairns, Queensland, Australia

Married in the tropics, enjoying life with my husband, my clarinet and wondering that eternal mystery - where do all my fish go?

adopt your own virtual pet!

Powered by Blogger

Wednesday, April 26, 2006

Onions

What is it with raw onions in salad? I mean why???

Now, I'm not your average onion hater. Caramelised onions, french onion soup, you name it, I love cooked onions. Note the stress.

Raw onions are something altogether different. It was a rather disturbing feature in my Uni hall food. We always had a salad there and, without fail, it had onions in it. I simply don't understand it. Salad, or stir fry bought in a packet, has a remarkable range of textures and flavours, a wonderful bouquet of taste. Add raw onions to that and those fabulous flavours are not merely dampened but obliterated almost immediately. There is no point in the slightest in adding this ingredient unless you have no friends or anyone who is likely to get close enough to smell your breath in the near future.

Grrr.
|