www.flickr.com

nothing because it has to be connected to my computer to work, grrr


prawn cocktail crisps

pilchards on toast (you can get pilchards there but they just don't taste the same)

decent tv

jaffa cakes

Greggs pasties

proper beer (as in Black Sheep, or Timothy Taylor's Landlord, or Cwrw Haf, the list goes on...)

My Photo
Name:
Location: Cairns, Queensland, Australia

Married in the tropics, enjoying life with my husband, my clarinet and wondering that eternal mystery - where do all my fish go?

adopt your own virtual pet!

Powered by Blogger

Friday, May 26, 2006

Interesting things

This is an interesting meme :) Welshy did it and didn't tag me (grrr) but I thought that I'd do it anyway!

On my Birthday (but not year, I'm not THAT old) these things happened...

Events

1653 - English Interregnum: The Protectorate - Oliver Cromwell becomes Lord Protector of the Commonwealth of England, Scotland and Ireland.
1773 - American Revolution: Boston Tea Party - Members of the Sons of Liberty disguised as Mohawks dump crates of tea into Boston harbor as a protest against the Tea Act.
1850 - History of New Zealand: The Charlotte-Jane and the Randolph bring the first of the Canterbury Pilgrims to Lyttelton.

Births

1485 - Catherine of Aragon, Queen of England (d. 1536)
1770 - Ludwig van Beethoven, German composer (d. 1827)
1775 - Jane Austen, British writer (d. 1817)
1899 - Sir Noel Coward, British playwright, actor and composer (d. 1973)
1917 - Sir Arthur C. Clarke, British writer
1928 - Philip K. Dick, American writer (d. 1982)

Deaths

1859 - Wilhelm Grimm, German writer and folklorist (b. 1786)
1916 - Grigori Rasputin, Russian monk (b. 1869)
1921 - Camille Saint-Saëns, French composer (b. 1835)

All you have to do is type your birthday (as it April 14 or March 23) into Wikipedia. There were lots and lots of people and informations but only one person was actually born on the exact same day and year that I was that it knew about and I'd never heard of them. Grr.

Anyway, Welshy, if you're reading this I hope you like the first entry! Altogether now 'O-o-oliver Crromwell, Lord Protector of England (Puritan!)...) :)

I'm not going to tag people, but if you're reading this, and you do it, please let me know!
|