www.flickr.com

nothing because it has to be connected to my computer to work, grrr


prawn cocktail crisps

pilchards on toast (you can get pilchards there but they just don't taste the same)

decent tv

jaffa cakes

Greggs pasties

proper beer (as in Black Sheep, or Timothy Taylor's Landlord, or Cwrw Haf, the list goes on...)

My Photo
Name:
Location: Cairns, Queensland, Australia

Married in the tropics, enjoying life with my husband, my clarinet and wondering that eternal mystery - where do all my fish go?

adopt your own virtual pet!

Powered by Blogger

Monday, September 04, 2006

Damn and blast

I managed to get a day off! I fought tooth and nail for it, pleaded down on my knees and generally begged my boss until he gave in and let me have Saturday off (and only then because eventually he said 'Is it a boy or a girl thing?' 'Boy.' 'Oh, alright, you'll be useless if I don't let you' Damn straight.

So, off my Toy Boy and I trot with 7 other friends down to Airlie Beach for Friday night to escape from Bowen. We had a double room all to ourselves, absolute bliss! No inconsiderate Germans thumping around the room turning the lights back on and leaving the door open and shouting whilst other people i.e. us, are trying to sleep (and yes, we were just trying to sleep at the time thank you very much).

A fantastic night was had for the most part although I gave in about 1.30am which didn't impress him too much. It's my old age I suppose!

Anyway, since then it's all gone a bit pear-shaped. The Toy Boy's grandmother is ill. Very ill. He'd decided to leave this weekend and go home and then last night he got a message from his mother asking him to come home as quickly as possible so he's leaving tonight.

And he's not coming back.

Not to me anyway, he'll be back in Australia at some point but doesn't know when and it won't be to Bowen.

I'm being completely selfish because I just don't want him to go. This place will not be the same without him here.
|