www.flickr.com

nothing because it has to be connected to my computer to work, grrr


prawn cocktail crisps

pilchards on toast (you can get pilchards there but they just don't taste the same)

decent tv

jaffa cakes

Greggs pasties

proper beer (as in Black Sheep, or Timothy Taylor's Landlord, or Cwrw Haf, the list goes on...)

My Photo
Name:
Location: Cairns, Queensland, Australia

Married in the tropics, enjoying life with my husband, my clarinet and wondering that eternal mystery - where do all my fish go?

adopt your own virtual pet!

Powered by Blogger

Tuesday, August 22, 2006

Indecent exposure

My shed is hot. Really hot. The packers have fans above them, as do the lads stacking the boxes and the graders have a good breeze through the door. I, on the other hand, am running round like a blue arsed fly* and just overheat constantly and I can't always run into the air conditioned office for long. So, I've taken to wearing my shorts and a strappy top. It's cooler, it's fairly practical and as long as I don't bend over too much it's not too revealing.

Or so I thought.

My manager told me today that the boss of the farm has said I'd better wear more clothes or the shed won't run at all as all the boys will have to keep running to the toilet every few minutes.

He's going to love me tomorrow because my shorts finally gave up the ghost today (ah faithful shorts have seen me through many days in the shed) and the only other ones I have are what are called 'stubbies' here in good old Oz. Yup, they're short shorts. Tomorrow is going to be interesting to say the least.

*just for you, Chris
|