www.flickr.com

nothing because it has to be connected to my computer to work, grrr


prawn cocktail crisps

pilchards on toast (you can get pilchards there but they just don't taste the same)

decent tv

jaffa cakes

Greggs pasties

proper beer (as in Black Sheep, or Timothy Taylor's Landlord, or Cwrw Haf, the list goes on...)

My Photo
Name:
Location: Cairns, Queensland, Australia

Married in the tropics, enjoying life with my husband, my clarinet and wondering that eternal mystery - where do all my fish go?

adopt your own virtual pet!

Powered by Blogger

Monday, July 31, 2006

Why me?

Honestly, all I wanted to do was go to the supermarket in Bowen to buy some chicken for my dinner. THAT'S ALL!

What I wasn't after was being attacked by a random dirty drunk woman then her husband who laid into me, then my friend, called us all sorts of names under the sun (and no, I'm not going to repeat them because they are not words I like to use) said that we was foreign and should go back to where we came from as they were true Aussies and had 7 children to feed. Somewhere in the tirade was how my friend L and I should get our men to sort this mess out.

It was quite unnerving actually. First of all, the woman pushed me from behind, slammed both her hands into my shoulder blades (it's really lucky I didn't fall over given that my balance is not the best, I was wearing heels and a miniskirt so it could have been quite embarressing!) and called me several choice names. Now, I don't like confrontations so we just walked off from that one but 2 minutes later she walks round the end of an isle into my friends basket - this is a supermarket, things like that happen - and she went nuts! She launched herself at L, trying to punch her but given she was short and fat and L is tall and thin, L just held her at arms length though the woman did manage to get one or two punches landed on her. Then this bloke, equally filthy, joins in to try and separate them (or so we thought) and then starts shouting at her too!

We ended up with me hiding down an isle hoping they wouldn't notice me again and L behind one of the checkouts with the woman spitting at her and attacking the staff and throwing chocolate from the displays about. When the police finally turned up they kept us for over an hour while they calmed the insane bastards down and carted them off the police station. The supermarket had to lend L a top because the woman had ripped hers practically totally off.

The police were really nice to us and would like us to press charges and stuff to get a good case together and hopefully the CCTV footage will be decent.

On the plus side of the whole thing, the detective was really rather cute (tall, blonde, nice smile...) and we got a ride home in the police car, unmarked unfortunately but he did flash the lights and the siren for us :)
|