www.flickr.com

nothing because it has to be connected to my computer to work, grrr


prawn cocktail crisps

pilchards on toast (you can get pilchards there but they just don't taste the same)

decent tv

jaffa cakes

Greggs pasties

proper beer (as in Black Sheep, or Timothy Taylor's Landlord, or Cwrw Haf, the list goes on...)

My Photo
Name:
Location: Cairns, Queensland, Australia

Married in the tropics, enjoying life with my husband, my clarinet and wondering that eternal mystery - where do all my fish go?

adopt your own virtual pet!

Powered by Blogger

Wednesday, July 26, 2006

Hmmm

I may have done something not quite wise.

I had fairly good reasons for coming to Bowen.

1. The tomato season is just really coming into it's own so the hours are good and the work is there whereas further South the season is finishing.

2. It's warmer here than further South.

3. Further North there's not much work as the cyclone a few months ago wiped out all the bananas (not that I wanted to work with bananas again given I buggered my wrist last time).

4. I knew that a couple of people I worked with in the shed in Murchison came up here for the season at this time of year and I thought that it would be nice to see them again.

Unfortunately, my mind had conveniently wiped out the fact that the CTG is one of those people who migrate up here. Along with all his family.

I ran into one friend of mine at my new job today (I'm back packing tomatoes, woohoo!) who said that it was lovely to see me but possibly it was a bit unwise to be here as she doesn't know how he'll react if he sees me which is entirely possible. I may just agree with her!

On the other hand, I don't see why I should hide. I don't intend to go searching for him and I definitely don't want another confrontation but I'm not going to run scared. That way just lies badness and a complete lack of self confidence. Been there, done that, no thanks!

He's run me out of one town and I'm not going to let him run me out of another one!
|