www.flickr.com

nothing because it has to be connected to my computer to work, grrr


prawn cocktail crisps

pilchards on toast (you can get pilchards there but they just don't taste the same)

decent tv

jaffa cakes

Greggs pasties

proper beer (as in Black Sheep, or Timothy Taylor's Landlord, or Cwrw Haf, the list goes on...)

My Photo
Name:
Location: Cairns, Queensland, Australia

Married in the tropics, enjoying life with my husband, my clarinet and wondering that eternal mystery - where do all my fish go?

adopt your own virtual pet!

Powered by Blogger

Thursday, July 13, 2006

In the lap of luxury

I'm staying at a place called the Noosa North Shore resort. It's actually outside of Noosa itself and it really lovely. I'm particularly fond of it because of my accommodation.

For a mere $20 a night (yes, $20 that's not a misprint) I'm staying, on my own, in a self contained unit with a choice of 4 beds (I took one of the doubles, naturally!), my own kitchen, bathroom, living area...it's fantastic! They're quite full here at the moment and have a group of Americans who've filled up the normal backpacking accommodation and I'm the overflow! I'm quite sure that tonight I'll have company, which won't be a bad thing, but last night I revelled in the fact that I could lock the door, turn off the lights and sit in my living room with a glass of wine and watch the roos on the lawn behind the unit.

I'm going horseriding later on, that should be good.
|