www.flickr.com

nothing because it has to be connected to my computer to work, grrr


prawn cocktail crisps

pilchards on toast (you can get pilchards there but they just don't taste the same)

decent tv

jaffa cakes

Greggs pasties

proper beer (as in Black Sheep, or Timothy Taylor's Landlord, or Cwrw Haf, the list goes on...)

My Photo
Name:
Location: Cairns, Queensland, Australia

Married in the tropics, enjoying life with my husband, my clarinet and wondering that eternal mystery - where do all my fish go?

adopt your own virtual pet!

Powered by Blogger

Sunday, July 09, 2006

Going to the movies

I'm hurrying along George Street towards the shopping centre of Brisbane. My destination is the cinema in the Queen Street Mall where I'm meeting someone from the hostel to see Pirates of the Caribbean: Dead Man's Chest. I'm a little late as I keep forgetting how long it takes to walk to the city centre from my hostel but should get there before the trailers start. I'm alone as my friend had things to do and is meeting me at the cinema.

So, having finally found the right entrance to the mall (it's evening so they've shut most of it) I'm on the escalators heading up to level 3 where the cinema is. My phone rings, it's my friend. 'Where are you?' 'I'm just heading up the escalators to the foyer, I'll be there in a sec, I had trouble finding the right entrance to the Mall' 'What do you mean? There are no escalators and I'm not in a Mall'.

Ah.

'Which cinema are you in?' 'One on George Street' 'Not the one in the Mall?'

Apparently not.

There's no time left, I don't know where his cinema is and the movie's about to start where he is so we each go our separate ways and finally meet up later back in the hostel.

Lesson learned: Always, always make sure you're talking about the same place when planning on meeting someone somewhere.

Still, the film was fantastic and I got to drool over Johnny Depp in relative privacy :)
|