www.flickr.com

nothing because it has to be connected to my computer to work, grrr


prawn cocktail crisps

pilchards on toast (you can get pilchards there but they just don't taste the same)

decent tv

jaffa cakes

Greggs pasties

proper beer (as in Black Sheep, or Timothy Taylor's Landlord, or Cwrw Haf, the list goes on...)

My Photo
Name:
Location: Cairns, Queensland, Australia

Married in the tropics, enjoying life with my husband, my clarinet and wondering that eternal mystery - where do all my fish go?

adopt your own virtual pet!

Powered by Blogger

Tuesday, June 27, 2006

Comparing things

I can't help but think 'what was I doing 2 days before I left last January?', it's only natural after all.

I can safely say that I still havn't managed to sort out all my music so the pile of CD's waiting to go onto my mp3 player is still the same. It's better than last time, it's more organised on the player and I've put a lot of stuff on but still, I really wanted my music to be sorted so how I've managed to get to this point again is beyond me. Actually, I do know how I managed it, I was hunting through all my boxes for bits of my computer and I found an entire box of CD's that I'd hidden months ago and hadn't been able to find in my earlier hunts. I'll get there eventually.

Mostly things are the same in actual fact, the one main difference is in how I feel. Last time I was heading off to pastures new, the undiscovered (well, by me and I'm the only one who counts, naturally...) country. I'd left my job and though I really got on (still do) with my boss, the job itself was getting me down. I was fulfilling my dream, going and actually living my life as I've always wanted to rather than getting bogged down with stuff I wasn't ready for (house, car etc). I was happy and not looking back.

Now, well, it's different. The circumstances that brought me home are completely different. This is the longest period I've spent at home since I left to go to Uni and I've really enjoyed it. I've made friends, and got to know a lot of people a lot better than I ever did before. I had a wonderful time on Sunday at the Symphonica Tywi concert in the National Botanic Gardens of Wales and in the pub afterwards. It was really quite a wrench when at the end of the evening I had to say goodbye to a lot of people. Quite a few of whom were actually trying to make me feel even more torn than I already do!

I'm going back to a country that I do love, a people who I think are fantastic, a culture and cities that made me feel at home, a place I've wanted to be a part of for years. Lets face it, it's got kangaroos!

This time I also know that I'm leaving a country that I love, people I care a lot about, my family, and a good way of life. I know that if I don't leave now, then I simply won't.

It's going to be a close run thing as to who eventually wins. Am I allowed to announce a tie?
|