www.flickr.com

nothing because it has to be connected to my computer to work, grrr


prawn cocktail crisps

pilchards on toast (you can get pilchards there but they just don't taste the same)

decent tv

jaffa cakes

Greggs pasties

proper beer (as in Black Sheep, or Timothy Taylor's Landlord, or Cwrw Haf, the list goes on...)

My Photo
Name:
Location: Cairns, Queensland, Australia

Married in the tropics, enjoying life with my husband, my clarinet and wondering that eternal mystery - where do all my fish go?

adopt your own virtual pet!

Powered by Blogger

Wednesday, June 14, 2006

The best laid plans and all that

So much for my careful planning of where I'm going to go and all that! After going to all that effort to work out the best place for me to go, can I find a flight there at a decent time and date? Nope.

So I'm going to Sydney instead. This isn't really a bad thing as I've never been to Sydney and a couple of days there to recover from jetlag and work out the best way of getting somewhere useful will be fairly cool. I'll get to see the opera house and harbour bridge and everything. Expect lots of photos...

I just couldn't believe it when the only flight to Brisbane that wasn't going to cost me £1500 was at 0940 on the 26th June. Not so bad you might think but I've got a concert on the 25th June and there's simply no way I can get to Heathrow for 7.30am in order to check in.

On the other hand, finding a flight to Sydney was really easy, quite cheap and with a decent enough airline (Singapore Airlines) so I'm quite happy. I leave on the 28th June. Very excited!

Now I've got 2 weeks to sort out my clothes, insurance, all my music (today has been an ongoing battle with my mp3 player, it's not in my good books at the moment) and other stuff. Why do I get the feeling the next 14 days are going to go very, very quickly?
|