www.flickr.com

nothing because it has to be connected to my computer to work, grrr


prawn cocktail crisps

pilchards on toast (you can get pilchards there but they just don't taste the same)

decent tv

jaffa cakes

Greggs pasties

proper beer (as in Black Sheep, or Timothy Taylor's Landlord, or Cwrw Haf, the list goes on...)

My Photo
Name:
Location: Cairns, Queensland, Australia

Married in the tropics, enjoying life with my husband, my clarinet and wondering that eternal mystery - where do all my fish go?

adopt your own virtual pet!

Powered by Blogger

Wednesday, May 31, 2006

Therapy

There are some things that should never, ever change in this world. Terry Wogan should always be the commentator for the Eurovision Song Contest, roast beef should ALWAYS be served with Yorkshire Puddings, bacon sarnies should have HP sauce on them and the Sound of Music should always be shown on at least one Bank Holiday Monday during the year.

Thankfully for me, this particular occurance was during this Bank Holiday. Because I really, really needed it! Not only is it traditional but as things go it's as close to free therapy as you can get. I mean, you can't NOT feel better about whatever's making you down, or stressed or anything after watching it and having a good old sing-a-long. There's nothing like belting out 'Climb Every Mountain', 'Eidelwiess', 'The Lonely Goatherd' or 'I Must Have Done Something Good' to lift the spirits although I think that 'So Long, Farewell, Aufweidersien, Goodnight' can be safely buried deep in the mines of Salzburg without too much fuss. That is, however, a very minor blip on a very feel-good film. Who hasn't watched it and wanted to meet their own Captain Von Trapp?

It has got me in the mood for musicals though, I think I may have to hunt out Seven Brides for Seven Brothers next time the weather's bad...'Bless your beautiful hide, wherever you may be. I ain't met ya yet but I'm a-willin' to bet you're the gal for me...'
|