www.flickr.com

nothing because it has to be connected to my computer to work, grrr


prawn cocktail crisps

pilchards on toast (you can get pilchards there but they just don't taste the same)

decent tv

jaffa cakes

Greggs pasties

proper beer (as in Black Sheep, or Timothy Taylor's Landlord, or Cwrw Haf, the list goes on...)

My Photo
Name:
Location: Cairns, Queensland, Australia

Married in the tropics, enjoying life with my husband, my clarinet and wondering that eternal mystery - where do all my fish go?

adopt your own virtual pet!

Powered by Blogger

Friday, June 23, 2006

Cowardy cowardy custard

I am, completely and utterly, a coward. Tonight was the deciding game between Australia and Croatia. Australia needed to draw at least (and Japan lose I believe) to get through to the next round in the World Cup. Given that this is a team from a country where football (that is, not Aussie rules but 'soccer') is not exactly a major sport and the cricket is likely to get more viewers and this is the first time in 32 years that Australia have even made it to this stage having been knocked out way before this before it was rather tense viewing.

So tense, in fact, that I didn't watch it at all. I watched House instead. I did, however, keep flicking back to see how things were going so you can imagine my consternation when I noticed that Croatia had scored within the first 10 minutes. I also managed to catch the 'second' yellow card that a Croatian player had that should have resulted in him being sent off - that is, if the referee (unfortunately English) hadn't forgotten he'd given him one already - and I saw the last goal that didn't count because the final whistle blew. A pity because I would have liked to see Australia win. Not to worry though because with the draw they have enough points to come second behind Brazil and get through. Not a bad effort I thought and am quite looking forward to the game against Italy.

House was good too.
|