www.flickr.com

nothing because it has to be connected to my computer to work, grrr


prawn cocktail crisps

pilchards on toast (you can get pilchards there but they just don't taste the same)

decent tv

jaffa cakes

Greggs pasties

proper beer (as in Black Sheep, or Timothy Taylor's Landlord, or Cwrw Haf, the list goes on...)

My Photo
Name:
Location: Cairns, Queensland, Australia

Married in the tropics, enjoying life with my husband, my clarinet and wondering that eternal mystery - where do all my fish go?

adopt your own virtual pet!

Powered by Blogger

Tuesday, July 04, 2006

Confusion

I'm wasting time. My coach to Brisbane is not until nearly 7 tonight. I'm going to go and see Superman Returns in half an hour but am currently attempting to pass the time in an internet cafe in Chinatown. It's lucky I can touch type as the keyboards are bilingual and attempting to look at it while typing results in much confusion!

Had a bit of a mad moment in my hostel the other day when I heard a couple of Welsh accents and it turned out that the 2 lads had both been to my secondary school and when I said that I'd been there one of them burst out 'NOW I recognise you, you had longer hair then. You were a couple of years above me'. Unfortunately they were on their way out to a bus so I didn't have a chance to ask why they remembered me. I'm chosing to believe that it was for good and lovely reasons, why else would you recognise someone across the other side of the world who wasn't even in your year, or your group of friends, 8 years after they'd left? Hmmmmm...
|