www.flickr.com

nothing because it has to be connected to my computer to work, grrr


prawn cocktail crisps

pilchards on toast (you can get pilchards there but they just don't taste the same)

decent tv

jaffa cakes

Greggs pasties

proper beer (as in Black Sheep, or Timothy Taylor's Landlord, or Cwrw Haf, the list goes on...)

My Photo
Name:
Location: Cairns, Queensland, Australia

Married in the tropics, enjoying life with my husband, my clarinet and wondering that eternal mystery - where do all my fish go?

adopt your own virtual pet!

Powered by Blogger

Saturday, July 01, 2006

Here at last

I've made it to Sydney safe and sound (although the turbulence on the flight was a little worrying, even the cabin crew had to sit down and strap in). Yesterday was spent mainly sleeping and wandering round attempting to get over jet lag. I'm going to go and be a tourist today and gawk at the Opera House and things like that :)

The hostel I'm in is really nice and friendly and thankfully not on a main street. I got the shuttle from the airport with a couple of Danish lads and a girl who were staying in the main street here in Kings Cross and were very dismayed to find that their hostel entrance was a tiny door next to a huge entrance to an sex shop. I don't think they'd quite realised the implications of living in a red light district... I'm just glad I did some research into some of the hostels before booking them!
|