www.flickr.com

nothing because it has to be connected to my computer to work, grrr


prawn cocktail crisps

pilchards on toast (you can get pilchards there but they just don't taste the same)

decent tv

jaffa cakes

Greggs pasties

proper beer (as in Black Sheep, or Timothy Taylor's Landlord, or Cwrw Haf, the list goes on...)

My Photo
Name:
Location: Cairns, Queensland, Australia

Married in the tropics, enjoying life with my husband, my clarinet and wondering that eternal mystery - where do all my fish go?

adopt your own virtual pet!

Powered by Blogger

Monday, July 17, 2006

Bundy is...

Bundy is a town famous for it's rum. Almost everything in this town revolves around either the agriculture or the rum. So it is quite beyond me how I managed to get myself booked into the only hostel in town which doesn't allow alcohol anywhere on it's premises or even outside. Ah well, detox will do me good!

Apart from the alcohol thing, the hostel seems ok, the girls in my room are really nice and chatty although apparently there are some people there who've been there for months and consider new arrivals as beneath their notice. I booked in last night without much trouble (I had a terrible feeling that I'd got the wrong hostel or that they'd forgotten about me etc) and unfortunately (well, for me) Queensland is getting a much needed drenching so a lot of work has been cancelled until the weather improves. Good for those needing the break, good for the water levels, not so good for me. Still, it probably won't last! I was so glad that I'd managed to find somewhere to stay, there was one guy on the coach who hadn't organised a hostel. Seeing as it arrived at 11.30pm I thought that that was a bit daft but some people are like that, I've not quite managed that degree of 'no worries'edness (and a good thing too or I'd've been sleeping at the coach centre!).

I will say one thing about this hostel though, there are no good looking sons to get me into trouble. Whatever happens, that is always a Very Good Thing.
|