www.flickr.com

nothing because it has to be connected to my computer to work, grrr


prawn cocktail crisps

pilchards on toast (you can get pilchards there but they just don't taste the same)

decent tv

jaffa cakes

Greggs pasties

proper beer (as in Black Sheep, or Timothy Taylor's Landlord, or Cwrw Haf, the list goes on...)

My Photo
Name:
Location: Cairns, Queensland, Australia

Married in the tropics, enjoying life with my husband, my clarinet and wondering that eternal mystery - where do all my fish go?

adopt your own virtual pet!

Powered by Blogger

Saturday, July 22, 2006

I should have stayed blond


I've been promising for a while to post some photos and I've finally got round to putting in a few of Sydney (and one of Brisbane) onto flickr but in doing so I've taken up 41% of my monthly upload allowance so how many more there'll be I don't know!).

Today has been a day of being dumb. It took me 3 washes to get clean what should have only taken 2 because I forgot so much stuff. I lost 3 dollars because even though the big sign above the machine in the hostel across the road* said that it took 3 $1 coins I blindly believed the woman at the reception here who'd sold me a washing token for $3 promising it worked for the machines. As I found out, only the dryers take the tokens, and I only found that out after the washing machine had swallowed the damn thing. I've also fallen over several things and decided that although it was really windy, because it was a lovely sunny day it would be good to wear my pink wrap-around skirt. This was not the best idea I've ever had. Still, I got several wolf whistles from the building site I was walking past when the wind gusted so that's something I suppose!

Roll on tomorrow is all I can say!

*owned by the same people but with better washing machines than ours, especially for whites
|