www.flickr.com

nothing because it has to be connected to my computer to work, grrr


prawn cocktail crisps

pilchards on toast (you can get pilchards there but they just don't taste the same)

decent tv

jaffa cakes

Greggs pasties

proper beer (as in Black Sheep, or Timothy Taylor's Landlord, or Cwrw Haf, the list goes on...)

My Photo
Name:
Location: Cairns, Queensland, Australia

Married in the tropics, enjoying life with my husband, my clarinet and wondering that eternal mystery - where do all my fish go?

adopt your own virtual pet!

Powered by Blogger

Tuesday, September 26, 2006

Oh boy

I was just about on the edge of giving up on my Toy Boy, I'd waited with bated (baited?) breath* for an email (giving allowances for the reason he went home in the first place of course, I'm not that nasty) for 3 weeks. Even just a one liner saying he'd got home ok would have been nice. Surely, no one who was that insistent that I knew their email address and that I write to them would just never contact me again, would they?

But, having had experience of men leaving me in the lurch before, I admit I was giving in to that persistent phrase 'forget him, he obviously just wasn't that into you' along with 'he's 20, forget him'.

Anyway, time was passing and tumbleweed was blowing down the streets of Bowen (happens quite a lot round here) and I wasn't even expecting to receive an email anymore when I logged on yesterday so was completely bowled over to see his name at the top of my inbox. Not only that but the first thing he did was apologise for leaving it so long!

So today the grin is back. I'm still not sure what's going on with us but I figure that that'll sort itself out over time and so I'm not going to stress about it, I'm just glad that he wants to talk to me :)

What I really want to know though, is how do men do it? With just a few words and a couple of (well, ok, quite a few) kisses at the end of an email and I'm over the moon again. Is it just me? Or are others just as hopeless?

*tricky at the best of times
|