www.flickr.com

nothing because it has to be connected to my computer to work, grrr


prawn cocktail crisps

pilchards on toast (you can get pilchards there but they just don't taste the same)

decent tv

jaffa cakes

Greggs pasties

proper beer (as in Black Sheep, or Timothy Taylor's Landlord, or Cwrw Haf, the list goes on...)

My Photo
Name:
Location: Cairns, Queensland, Australia

Married in the tropics, enjoying life with my husband, my clarinet and wondering that eternal mystery - where do all my fish go?

adopt your own virtual pet!

Powered by Blogger

Tuesday, September 05, 2006

Crickey

The country is in mourning. It's really strange, the last couple of days everyone just keeps wondering round in shock murmering things along the lines of 'I can't believe that Steve's dead'. If you had been hiding in the bush alone for years you would be forgiven for thinking that a close family member had died.

He was such a huge personality that it seems impossible to think of him as gone, it was the same when John Peel died.

One phrase that keeps cropping up is 'well, it's the way he would have wanted to go'. Personally I think he might have preferred to be in bed at a grand old age surrounded by grandchildren and pet crocodiles but I suppose it was rather fitting if it had to be now.

RIP Steve Irwin, you will be missed.
|